Friday, August 04, 2006

Bits and bytes

For those who have not seen Kronos Kirkorian's film Lip Flap, do so! Love the mirror effect, and some funny writing too.

I also enjoyed this zefrank vblog that Satchmo brought to my attention:


Side note 1: I hope some teams are signing on to tackle reuben's challenge to make a play in Second Life. I'd love to see this come to fruition. Boy oh boy will the new puppateer avatar tools help this! I was able to see a demo at SIGGRAPH and it looks fantastic!

Side note 2: For those interested in photography, go check out the Eastman House's exhibit in the sim Learning. The New Media Consortium (NMC) helped bring this about. Learning is a copy of NMC's campus, hosted by the Electric Sheep Company (where I work) and open to the public. I was excited the Eastman House was willing to take a rare step for real-world museums and try out our virtual world. I hope more museums do so. Let's open up collections to people around the world! Let's bring the display and viewing of art back into a social experience, which was never possible on the Web.

Random thought of the day: When you read Van Gogh's letters it jumps off the page just how much his brain was wired to think in terms of color. When you build in Second Life, it's kind of weird to realize you walk around the real world breaking down structures and sculptures around you into prim combinations and texture challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment